Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Chair Project Fails

So, I'm sad to report that I think the chair project is officially a failure. After 6 months I've finally had it with the endless excuses and what I suspect to be lies coming from the man who I paid to make the molds for these plastic chairs. Needless to say I made a mistake taking him at his word and paying upfront for almost all of the fee he agreed to. I had faith that as a professional with 25 years experience as a mold maker he'd come through. So I will be forced to refund money out of my own pocket to my customers and chalk it up as yet another expensive learning experience.

If you found this post because you are considering hiring Dave LaRoche of Newark, California for your injection molding plastic project take my advice and don't.

While he is a nice guy with the equipment and expertise to do the job he's not reliable at all. After countless emails pushing to get paid he became impossible to get a hold of after that. He came up with a series of pathetic excuses why he couldn't do the job, from sickness, to lost parts, to several 'buddies' that he need to borrow stuff from, to his shop having to move entirely in a landlord dispute. Worst of all, he complained that the price he bid was too low, effectively taking my money and then refusing to do the job because it wasn't enough.

I'll be contacting my pre-order customers individually about their refunds. Thanks.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Scott,

We took a chance together. I certainly wish we were successful, but we are even and I am greatful you at least tried. I know you are not gaining anything and neither am I.

Good luck!

Phil Gilbert

April 16, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Scott,

We took a chance together. I certainly wish we were successful, but we are even and I am greatful you at least tried. I know you are not gaining anything and neither am I.

Good luck!

Phil Gilbert

April 16, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hey, I never ordered your chairs, but I had just seen your post about them on the Mego Museum chat boards about a day before I discoverd your awesome displaysets. I'm very sad your chair project didn't work out and you have my sympathy. I'm also a big fan of your work on the Mego Museum and the Trading Cards. They are fantastic! Keep up the good work, and maybe you'll find someone who can hook you up with a reputable plastic caster.

April 16, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Chrome Baby said...

THIS NEWS BLOWS! A pox on liars!

April 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am trying to FIND Dave Larouche. He was to do a job for me and I paid him in advance (me, idiot) and now I cannot find him. Can anyone give me information?
Sil

July 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Need any information on Dave Larouche. Trying to find where he is after he skipped on a job he was paid to do.
Sil

July 31, 2010 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm looking for David LaRouche also. I paid him for a job too he never did. Does anyone know where he is?

Jess

February 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home