Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spider-Man still going strong



My 17 month old son claimed this Mego Spider-Man for his own. It's actually the oldest Mego I have. I bought him in 1983 in Belen, New Mexico at a dime store. I had given my Megos away a few years earlier in a gesture to grow up and stop playing with dolls, but I justified the purchase because I was drawing a lot of comic books and wanted him as a model to pose. My mom even sewed up the costume so it was more tight fitting. He hung by a string over my drawing baord for years, eventually all the color faded from his hands due to the sunlight and the seams have started to give. But he's a good Mego and he's my son's very own "Spy-aderrr--manAH".

2 Comments:

Blogger Chrome Baby said...

That's cool that he took to (and then just took) your oldest Mego. Kid has good toy genes!

May 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Wierd, my 4-year old just tried to lay claim to my Mego Spidey. So far, Spidey is still mine. I'm still trying to decide if he's ready for the responsibility of Mego ownership. ;)

September 24, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home