Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back in the Space business?



New consoles? Heck yeah!

I've been turning down orders for the Space Command sets for awhile because I had run out of the vinyl consoles in needed, and making more at the factory meant ordering a larger run of them than I was able to do. So I went to my good friend Paul Wasson at LaserMego.com and we cooked up a plastic alternative that I think is a real winner. They can be made on an as needed basis. They are also fun because you get to cut out and apply the stickers yourself,just like Mego. Some assembly is required--rather than snapping them to the wall, they use rivet style screws. This is an improvement as some folks had trouble snapping the vinyl consoles in place.

I think the plastic is perfectly in keeping with the Mego aesthetic, though I loved the vinyl consoles I designed, they were in a way above and beyond the call of duty.

So if you've been wanting to get one of these sets, now is the time. I will be out of Dida the other Dida parts so I won't be able to make these for ever. Get yours now...The Legion of Doom playset is coming soon, and a certain Ape village is right around the corner. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, here's some tasty pictures of the Space Command Expanded Carry Case Playset.

1 Comments:

Blogger bruce said...

Holy cow! I love this so much! What a great way to mash up the retro Mego style with an expandedand and detailed Bridge set. While its for a different style and era of toys, take a gander at my Bridge:

http://glorbes.blogspot.com/

There are a lot of great ideas that you've employed here that I may just have to adapt. Tremendous work.

December 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home